I work with universities, further education colleges, local authorities, adult learning organisations, private training providers and their partners to:
Evaluate initiatives and projects
Assess the impact of services
Understand demand for skills from learners and employers
Develop strategies and plans to address key issues
Recent example projects include:
- Demand and scoping research to inform plans for a potential new landbased skills and local food growing / processing project;
- Assessing demand and potential gaps for Higher Level Skills for an FE college;
- Conducting a learning review of practices which improve Computer Science graduate employability, building on the Tech Partnership and JP Morgan Chase Foundation’s Tech City Talent project in London;
- Working with the inward investment and business support agency Locate in Kent to research and prototype a new skills support service for companies, building on scoping work by the Department of International Trade. Now retained on an ongoing basis as Locate in Kent’s Skills Adviser;
- Evaluating the Tech Partnership’s Digital Skills Scotland project (funded by the JP Morgan Chase Foundation), which aims to bring local people closer to tech jobs in Glasgow and Edinburgh;
- Working with Canterbury Christ Church University to research and develop a new Engineering and Design Hub, including the preparation of a successful £6.1m ‘Five Cases’ Local Growth Fund Business Case. Now retained on an ongoing basis as Associate Project Manager, supporting development and implementation of the initiative;
- Case study development for Future Skills Dover, a local labour market intelligence report for Dover Business Forum;
- International comparative research on professional and technical skills systems for WorldSkills UK and the Department of International Trade;
- An evaluation of the BIS-funded Digital Business Certificate Pilot for the Tech Partnership;
- Impact assessments for East Kent College, Bromley College and Bolton College (FE and adult education offer);
- Market research into higher level skills demand for engineering and technology skills for Canterbury Christ Church University;
- A Workforce Skills Evidence Base for Kent and Medway Economic Partnership;
- An assessment of skills needs in high-tech clusters in South Oxfordshire.
Learning and skills projects with a sustainability dimension have included an evaluation of the London Colleges’ Skills for Climate Change initiative and an assessment of environmental performance in the work for Bolton College.
If you think I can be of help to you in your work, do get in touch!