I work with social enterprises, co-operatives, voluntary and community organisations to:
Evaluate initiatives and projects
Assess the impact of services and how they can be improved
Innovate and develop new activities and initiatives
Recent work includes:
- Offering a workshop and individual ‘surgeries’ on evaluation and assessing impact at the Offline Festival 2017 for community businesses, social enterprises and charities focused on social change and positive impact in their community;
- Researching the growth of the Solidarity Economy in Barcelona (article in Stir to Action, January 2017);
- Undertaking a Governance Review of the Fort Amherst Heritage Trust, as it gears up to expand its offer to the community with a significant Heritage Lottery Funding grant;
- Supporting the domestic violence and abuse charity Rising Sun to develop a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan for its Big Lottery funded Project Liberty;
- A project for the London Enterprise Panel with Dr Jonathan Pratt, the Open University’s Co-operatives Research Unit, Co-operatives UK and a number of local authority stakeholders to identify how construction co-ops could collaborate for better access to public sector contracts.
I was also involved in the evaluation of Project Dirt, a social network that connects and resources community projects. This was an especially interesting project, given the network’s focus on environmental action and our use of the NCVO’s Pathways Through Participation model to inform our evaluation framework. This short paper that I co-authored gives more detail on the approach.
If you think I can be of help to you in your work, do get in touch!