I work with public, private and social economy organisations interested in sustainability to:
Research sustainability related issues
Develop more sustainable solutions
Evaluate and assess the impact of sustainability related activities and projects
Recent work in this area includes:
- Working with the Abbey Physic Community Garden in Faversham to develop a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Framework for its activities, including those funded by the Big Lottery Fund Reaching Communities programme.
- Research into Barcelona’s network of community gardens;
- An evaluation of the green social network Project Dirt;
- Two projects for the Big Lottery Fund into community responses to climate change; and
- Work for Medway Council to support a European project on green infrastructure planning.
Sustainability is often also a key theme in my learning & skills and social economy work: Project Dirt, for example is a social enterprise, and the evaluation of Skills for Climate Change was all about the construction skills dimension of London’s response to a major environmental issue. Similarly, the Community Impact Assessment of Bolton College assessed environmental performance and recommended ways to improve it.
If you think I can be of help to you in your work, do get in touch!